Becoming a Member
The FCC is open to all and as an FCC member you will be welcomed as an integral part of one of the world’s finest social clubs. Members enjoy all the benefits and facilities found at its Lower Albert Road home and also receive the bi-monthly Club Magazine, “The Correspondent”, enjoy use of the Club members’ box at Shatin race track as well as enjoying visiting membership rights to a host of reciprocal member clubs across the world.
The membership of the FCC is divided into several categories:
- Correspondent: bona fide members of the foreign media based in Hong Kong, the bulk of whose work is published outside Hong Kong
Joining fee: HK$2,000
- Journalist: bona fide journalists based in Hong Kong who make more than 50% of their income from their locally-based journalistic activities
Joining fee: HK$1,000
- Associate: for those who are not employed in journalism or in the media yet who wish to take advantage of the FCC’s professional and social activities – this includes all professionals, authors and business people
Joining fee: HK$25,000
- Corporate: these are transferable memberships with certain restrictions. Please ask the Membership Department for further details
Joining fees: 1st Nominee: $250,000, 2nd Nominee: $200,000, 3rd Nominee: $150,000 and Transfer to new nominee: HK$5,000
- Diplomatic: approved bona fide full-time members of the Hong Kong diplomatic corps
Joining fees: 1st Nominee: $10,000, 2nd Nominee: $5,000, 3rd Nominee(s): $2,500
For more details please download an application form here, or contact the Club’s Membership Department on (852) 2521 1511.